Mr Andrew Ives MB ChB FRACS
Enjoying a distinguished medical career, Mr Andrew Ives is a highly skilled plastic and reconstructive surgeon with extensive experience. Mr Ives is passionate about the positive changes that plastic surgery can make in people's lives and feels privileged to have such a rewarding career.
Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr Ives graduated from Liverpool University in 1989 with a Bachelor of Medicine (MB) and a Bachelor of Surgery (ChB). Beginning his career at Liverpool’s Whiston Hospital, Mr Ives was president of the hospital’s Junior Medical Association from 1989-1990, before migrating to Australia in 1991.
Over the next ten years, Mr Ives continued his surgical training, completing four years of plastic surgical training and undertaking a year of research as a Research Fellow at the University of Melbourne’s Jack Brockhoff Plastic Surgery Research Unit. In 2000, Mr Ives became a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, obtaining his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
Mr Ives practised in Queensland for ten years, working as the first resident plastic surgeon in Toowoomba from 2000 to 2005, and developing the first public plastic surgery service in the city, before moving to the Sunshine Coast and opening a successful cosmetic surgery practice there. In 2010, Mr Ives returned to Melbourne to establish his current practice and was publically appointed to the State Adult Burns Unit at The Alfred Hospital as well as taking up an appointment as a Visiting Medical Officer in the plastic surgical unit at The Northern Hospital. Mr Ives is a member of numerous professional associations relating to plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery and regularly seeks out new developments through conferences and industry journals. Andrew also enjoys giving back to the plastic surgery community by assisting potential plastic surgeons with their training.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MB) – Liverpool University, 1989
- Bachelor of Surgery (ChB) – Liverpool University, 1989
- Research Fellow of the Jack Brockhoff Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Research Unit – University of Melbourne, 1999
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – 2000 Associations
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australian and New Zealand Burn Association <
- International Society for Burn Injuries
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Australian and New Zealand Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Australian Medical Association